Communities across Minnesota are looking to take action on clean energy projects, but sometimes knowing where to start, who to involve, and how to get from an idea to a completed project are steps that make the process seem daunting. Making those difficult steps easier, and getting through them faster, is the purpose of Clean Energy Accelerator.
- Provide organizing support to help local clean energy efforts get off the ground
- Connect efforts with existing technical and financial resources
- Encourage collaboration among groups planning community-based projects
- Help the State of Minnesota achieve its energy efficiency and renewable energy goals
- Select projects to achieve community energy goals
- Identify funding, technical assistance, and expertise
- Connect to peer communities that have completed successful projects
- Plan workshops, events, and trainings on energy topics
- Share project stories through case studies and blog posts
- Complete energy actions as part of the GreenStep Cities program
- Enroll in Minnesota’s Guaranteed Energy Savings Program
- Obtain project funding through CERTs Seed Grants
Recent Blog Posts
Fri, 02/05/2016 - 1:09pm
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is accepting applications from organizations interested in participating as a host site for the 2016 – 2017 year of the Minnesota GreenCorps program. Applications from eligible organizations interested in hosting Minnesota GreenCorps members are...
Thu, 02/04/2016 - 10:00am
What do people living and working in your community want in energy efficiency and sustainability? Communities can partner with Xcel Energy to identify and prioritize their energy needs. The utility provides tools and resources to develop a plan and then supports putting it into action. It’s...
Wed, 02/03/2016 - 12:05pm
The federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) and Production Tax Credit (PTC) were recently extended. Set to expire at the end of 2016, both will now continue to support clean energy in Minnesota for several years. We interviewed Mike Rothman, Commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Commerce, to...
Metro Case Studies
All of us, at some point in life, were stuck indoors on a beautiful day, and wished we could be outside. As kids, we’ve daydreamed about our teacher...
Saint Paul Energy Coordinator Jim Giebel knows the importance of saving energy for a city government. He oversees the energy usage of over 160 city...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
- Stacy Boots Camp, Center for Energy and Environment
- Erin Smith Fricke, City of Victoria
- Michelle Gransee-Bowman, Division of Energy Resources, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Sean Goswieski, Alliance for Sustainability
- Tony Hainault, Hennepin County – Metropolitan Energy Policy Coalition (MEPC)
- Jen Hassebroek, City of Oakdale
- Paul Hoff, Mahtomedi Area Green Initiative (MAGI)
- Jennifer McLoughlin, City of Woodbury
- Philipp Muessig, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Yvonne Pfeifer, Xcel Energy
- Billy Weber, Center for Sustainable Building Research, University of Minnesota