Communities across Minnesota are looking to take action on clean energy projects, but sometimes knowing where to start, who to involve, and how to get from an idea to a completed project are steps that make the process seem daunting. Making those difficult steps easier, and getting through them faster, is the purpose of Clean Energy Accelerator.
- Provide organizing support to help local clean energy efforts get off the ground
- Connect efforts with existing technical and financial resources
- Encourage collaboration among groups planning community-based projects
- Help the State of Minnesota achieve its energy efficiency and renewable energy goals
- Select projects to achieve community energy goals
- Identify funding, technical assistance, and expertise
- Connect to peer communities that have completed successful projects
- Plan workshops, events, and trainings on energy topics
- Share project stories through case studies and blog posts
- Complete energy actions as part of the GreenStep Cities program
- Enroll in Minnesota’s Guaranteed Energy Savings Program
- Obtain project funding through CERTs Seed Grants
Upcoming Metro Events
in 117 Pleasant St SE
Recent Blog Posts
Mon, 02/20/2017 - 1:39pm
Minnesota and California along with six school districts and several national organizations are implementing partners in the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) new Zero Energy Schools Accelerator program, the DOE announced on Dec. 6. The Accelerator is part of the DOE’s Better Buildings Initiative...
Wed, 02/08/2017 - 10:29am
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is accepting applications from organizations interested in participating as a host site for the 2017-2018 year of the Minnesota GreenCorps program. Applications from eligible organizations interested in hosting Minnesota GreenCorps members are due by 5:...
Tue, 02/07/2017 - 11:40am
This is an excerpt from a recent article by Al Edenloff in the Alexandria Echo Press. Imagine zipping down the road in your new electric car but with one nagging question: Is there a charging station nearby? Soon you won’t have to worry as much. The Interstate 94 corridor from Detroit, Mich...
Metro Case Studies
All of us, at some point in life, were stuck indoors on a beautiful day, and wished we could be outside. As kids, we’ve daydreamed about our teacher...
Saint Paul Energy Coordinator Jim Giebel knows the importance of saving energy for a city government. He oversees the energy usage of over 160 city...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
- Stacy Boots Camp, Center for Energy and Environment
- Julie Drennen, Conservation Minnesota
- Jen Hassebroek, City of Oakdale
- Kim Havey, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Leah Hiniker, Hennepin County
- Paul Hoff, MAGI
- Sean Gosiewski, Alliance for Sustainability
- Steve Lawrence, City of St. Cloud
- Jennifer McLoughlin, City of Woodbury
- Garrett Mosiman, Center for Sustainable Building Research
- Yvonne Pfeifer, Xcel Energy
- Erin Smith, City of Victoria
- John Suzukida, Shoreview Environment Quality Committee
- Lee Valencour, Noble Conservation
- Eric Wojchik, Metropolitan Council