- Provide organizing support to help local clean energy efforts get off the ground
- Connect efforts with existing technical and financial resources
- Encourage collaboration among groups planning community-based projects
- Help the State of Minnesota achieve its energy efficiency and renewable energy goals
- Select projects to achieve community energy goals
- Identify funding, technical assistance, and expertise
- Connect to peer communities that have completed successful projects
- Plan workshops, events, and trainings on energy topics
- Share project stories through case studies and blog posts
- Complete energy actions as part of the GreenStep Cities program
- Enroll in Minnesota’s Guaranteed Energy Savings Program
- Obtain project funding through CERTs Seed Grants
Recent Blog Posts
Sun, 09/20/2015 - 1:01pm
Want to have a voice in Minnesota’s clean energy future? Participate in the upcoming Minnesota 2025 Energy Action Plan events! CERTs will host four (4) events to gather feedback from Minnesotans statewide. Attendees will have a chance to participate in small group discussions on two of these five...
Fri, 09/11/2015 - 3:12pm
The Made in Minnesota (MiM) Solar Program is a lottery-based incentive available to Minnesotans who install solar equipment that is made in Minnesota. Metro CERT Director Diana McKeown sat down with Kim Havey, Made in Minnesota Solar Program Coordinator at the Minnesota Department of Commerce, to...
Wed, 09/02/2015 - 5:53pm
Do you and your community need funding to get an energy efficiency or renewable energy project off the ground? The Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs) can help! CERTs seeks to provide Seed Grants to support the labor costs for clean energy projects that spur community development in Minnesota....
Metro Case Studies
All of us, at some point in life, were stuck indoors on a beautiful day, and wished we could be outside. As kids, we’ve daydreamed about our teacher...
Saint Paul Energy Coordinator Jim Giebel knows the importance of saving energy for a city government. He oversees the energy usage of over 160 city...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
- Stacy Boots Camp, Center for Energy and Environment
- Michelle Gransee-Bowman, Division of Energy Resources, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Sean Goswieski, Alliance for Sustainability
- Tony Hainault, Hennepin County – Metropolitan Energy Policy Coalition (MEPC)
- Jen Hassebroek, City of Oakdale
- Paul Hoff, Mahtomedi Area Green Initiative (MAGI)
- Jennifer McLoughlin, City of Woodbury
- Philipp Muessig, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Yvonne Pfeifer, Xcel Energy
- Joseph (Joe) Steffel, Utilities Director with the City of Buffalo
- Billy Weber, Center for Sustainable Building Research, University of Minnesota