Communities across Minnesota are looking to take action on clean energy projects, but sometimes knowing where to start, who to involve, and how to get from an idea to a completed project are steps that make the process seem daunting. Making those difficult steps easier, and getting through them faster, is the purpose of Clean Energy Accelerator.
- Provide organizing support to help local clean energy efforts get off the ground
- Connect efforts with existing technical and financial resources
- Encourage collaboration among groups planning community-based projects
- Help the State of Minnesota achieve its energy efficiency and renewable energy goals
- Select projects to achieve community energy goals
- Identify funding, technical assistance, and expertise
- Connect to peer communities that have completed successful projects
- Plan workshops, events, and trainings on energy topics
- Share project stories through case studies and blog posts
- Complete energy actions as part of the GreenStep Cities program
- Enroll in Minnesota’s Guaranteed Energy Savings Program
- Obtain project funding through CERTs Seed Grants
Recent Blog Posts
Thu, 12/01/2016 - 1:53pm
Are you still stringing the same old incandescent decorative lights for the holidays? For many Minnesotans, the house, porch, shrubs and trees are donned with holiday lights. Depending on one’s holiday lighting enthusiasm, a home can save between $10 to $250 each holiday season by...
Wed, 11/02/2016 - 3:30pm
The Greenway Office Building—located a block from the intersection of Lake Street and Hiawatha in Minneapolis—epitomizes green buildings both in design and location. Built in 1999 by the Green Institute (a former CERTs partner organization), the building includes solar PV, geothermal...
MN Dept. of Commerce
Tue, 11/01/2016 - 1:33pm
There are some basic energy-saving steps we can all take to keep the warm air in and our utility bills down this fall and winter. A few simple no-cost or low-cost measures can make a big difference for the safety, comfort and efficiency of our homes. The Minnesota Commerce Department, which...
Metro Case Studies
All of us, at some point in life, were stuck indoors on a beautiful day, and wished we could be outside. As kids, we’ve daydreamed about our teacher...
Saint Paul Energy Coordinator Jim Giebel knows the importance of saving energy for a city government. He oversees the energy usage of over 160 city...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
- Stacy Boots Camp, Center for Energy and Environment
- Erin Smith, City of Victoria
- Michelle Gransee-Bowman, Division of Energy Resources, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Sean Goswieski, Alliance for Sustainability
- Tony Hainault, Hennepin County – Metropolitan Energy Policy Coalition (MEPC)
- Jen Hassebroek, City of Oakdale
- Paul Hoff, Mahtomedi Area Green Initiative (MAGI)
- Jennifer McLoughlin, City of Woodbury
- Philipp Muessig, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Yvonne Pfeifer, Xcel Energy
- Billy Weber, Center for Sustainable Building Research, University of Minnesota