Communities across Minnesota are looking to take action on clean energy projects, but sometimes knowing where to start, who to involve, and how to get from an idea to a completed project are steps that make the process seem daunting. Making those difficult steps easier, and getting through them faster, is the purpose of Clean Energy Accelerator.
- Provide organizing support to help local clean energy efforts get off the ground
- Connect efforts with existing technical and financial resources
- Encourage collaboration among groups planning community-based projects
- Help the State of Minnesota achieve its energy efficiency and renewable energy goals
- Select projects to achieve community energy goals
- Identify funding, technical assistance, and expertise
- Connect to peer communities that have completed successful projects
- Plan workshops, events, and trainings on energy topics
- Share project stories through case studies and blog posts
- Complete energy actions as part of the GreenStep Cities program
- Enroll in Minnesota’s Guaranteed Energy Savings Program
- Obtain project funding through CERTs Seed Grants
Recent Blog Posts
Wed, 10/26/2016 - 11:58am
Nearly 200 people attended the 9th annual Metro CERT event on October 18th at the University of St. Thomas for a two-part afternoon event followed by networking. An energy-efficient venue: Elise Amel, psychology professor welcomed attendees to the Anderson Student Center, the first LEED...
MN Dept. of Commerce
Tue, 10/25/2016 - 10:39am
Eight communities are receiving 2016 Minnesota Clean Energy Community Awards from the Minnesota Department of Commerce. The program recognizes communities that contribute to the state’s clean energy goals by implementing programs, policies, and technologies that encourage energy efficiency,...
Dept. of Commerce
Thu, 10/20/2016 - 4:08pm
The Minnesota Department of Commerce has been awarded a $2 million grant that will help realize Minnesota’s goal of generating 10 percent of its electricity from the sun by 2030. The grant, awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Initiative, is called “Project North Star:...
Metro Case Studies
All of us, at some point in life, were stuck indoors on a beautiful day, and wished we could be outside. As kids, we’ve daydreamed about our teacher...
Saint Paul Energy Coordinator Jim Giebel knows the importance of saving energy for a city government. He oversees the energy usage of over 160 city...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
- Stacy Boots Camp, Center for Energy and Environment
- Erin Smith, City of Victoria
- Michelle Gransee-Bowman, Division of Energy Resources, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Sean Goswieski, Alliance for Sustainability
- Tony Hainault, Hennepin County – Metropolitan Energy Policy Coalition (MEPC)
- Jen Hassebroek, City of Oakdale
- Paul Hoff, Mahtomedi Area Green Initiative (MAGI)
- Jennifer McLoughlin, City of Woodbury
- Philipp Muessig, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Yvonne Pfeifer, Xcel Energy
- Billy Weber, Center for Sustainable Building Research, University of Minnesota