Communities across Minnesota are looking to take action on clean energy projects, but sometimes knowing where to start, who to involve, and how to get from an idea to a completed project are steps that make the process seem daunting. Making those difficult steps easier, and getting through them faster, is the purpose of Clean Energy Accelerator.
- Provide organizing support to help local clean energy efforts get off the ground
- Connect efforts with existing technical and financial resources
- Encourage collaboration among groups planning community-based projects
- Help the State of Minnesota achieve its energy efficiency and renewable energy goals
- Select projects to achieve community energy goals
- Identify funding, technical assistance, and expertise
- Connect to peer communities that have completed successful projects
- Plan workshops, events, and trainings on energy topics
- Share project stories through case studies and blog posts
- Complete energy actions as part of the GreenStep Cities program
- Enroll in Minnesota’s Guaranteed Energy Savings Program
- Obtain project funding through CERTs Seed Grants
Recent Blog Posts
Thu, 05/26/2016 - 6:44am
Quantity Quotes, a free online marketplace for competitive quotes on EPA’s Water Sense and ENERGY STAR products (light bulbs, faucet aerators, showerheads, pre-rinse sprayers, and more). It was developed by the Department of Energy and is now managed by a local government agency in California...
Tue, 04/19/2016 - 4:03pm
On a sunny afternoon in South Minneapolis on March 22nd, just as school was getting out and cars zoomed past on 35W overhead, a celebration of local energy innovation was on display at Taqueria La Hacienda on East Lake Street. The event, hosted by the Lake Street Council, highlighted the work of...
Mon, 04/18/2016 - 5:22pm
Hamdi Restaurant, offering traditional Somali food on East Lake Street, was eager to participate in the Small Business Energy Coaching Partnership program to improve the energy efficiency of the business and lower the electric bill. A representative, or “Energy Coach” from the Lake Street Council...
Metro Case Studies
All of us, at some point in life, were stuck indoors on a beautiful day, and wished we could be outside. As kids, we’ve daydreamed about our teacher...
Saint Paul Energy Coordinator Jim Giebel knows the importance of saving energy for a city government. He oversees the energy usage of over 160 city...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
- Stacy Boots Camp, Center for Energy and Environment
- Erin Smith, City of Victoria
- Michelle Gransee-Bowman, Division of Energy Resources, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Sean Goswieski, Alliance for Sustainability
- Tony Hainault, Hennepin County – Metropolitan Energy Policy Coalition (MEPC)
- Jen Hassebroek, City of Oakdale
- Paul Hoff, Mahtomedi Area Green Initiative (MAGI)
- Jennifer McLoughlin, City of Woodbury
- Philipp Muessig, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Yvonne Pfeifer, Xcel Energy
- Billy Weber, Center for Sustainable Building Research, University of Minnesota