Communities across Minnesota are looking to take action on clean energy projects, but sometimes knowing where to start, who to involve, and how to get from an idea to a completed project are steps that make the process seem daunting. Making those difficult steps easier, and getting through them faster, is the purpose of Clean Energy Accelerator.
- Provide organizing support to help local clean energy efforts get off the ground
- Connect efforts with existing technical and financial resources
- Encourage collaboration among groups planning community-based projects
- Help the State of Minnesota achieve its energy efficiency and renewable energy goals
- Select projects to achieve community energy goals
- Identify funding, technical assistance, and expertise
- Connect to peer communities that have completed successful projects
- Plan workshops, events, and trainings on energy topics
- Share project stories through case studies and blog posts
- Complete energy actions as part of the GreenStep Cities program
- Enroll in Minnesota’s Guaranteed Energy Savings Program
- Obtain project funding through CERTs Seed Grants
Upcoming Metro Events
Recent Blog Posts
Report documents first-ever collaborative procurement of solar garden subscriptions by local governments
Mon, 03/27/2017 - 2:27pm
Community solar programs are gaining increasing interest from electric utility customers across the nation. Unlike individual solar PV systems, community shared solar systems, also known as Solar Gardens, create an opportunity for multiple individuals and organizations to receive the benefit of a...
Thu, 03/16/2017 - 1:49pm
There is A LOT happening in the world of plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) here in Minnesota. We asked Jukka Kukkonen with PlugInConnect, LLC, to tell us a bit more. The Overview “This is a year of great developments in Minnesota,” says Jukka. “Auto manufacturers are bringing more...
Thu, 03/16/2017 - 1:15pm
A recent Finance & Commerce article highlighted the installation of a new geothermal system at Cargill Philanthropies in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The article served as a great reminder that geothermal is an excellent—and often forgotten—energy technology. Not only that, but the...
Metro Case Studies
All of us, at some point in life, were stuck indoors on a beautiful day, and wished we could be outside. As kids, we’ve daydreamed about our teacher...
Saint Paul Energy Coordinator Jim Giebel knows the importance of saving energy for a city government. He oversees the energy usage of over 160 city...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
- Stacy Boots Camp, Center for Energy and Environment
- Julie Drennen, Conservation Minnesota
- Jen Hassebroek, City of Oakdale
- Kim Havey, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Leah Hiniker, Hennepin County
- Paul Hoff, MAGI
- Sean Gosiewski, Alliance for Sustainability
- Steve Lawrence, City of St. Cloud
- Jennifer McLoughlin, City of Woodbury
- Garrett Mosiman, Center for Sustainable Building Research
- Yvonne Pfeifer, Xcel Energy
- Erin Smith, City of Victoria
- John Suzukida, Shoreview Environment Quality Committee
- Lee Valencour, Noble Conservation
- Eric Wojchik, Metropolitan Council