Northeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Scale-up solar thermal through targeted outreach to sectors primed to adopt solar thermal technologies
- Increase education and implementation of biomass technologies and projects
- Collaborate with business and community leaders to increase renewable energy and energy efficiency and spur economic vitality in the area including assisting efforts like Duluth’s Georgetown Energy Competition and Minnesota Power’s Energy Challenge Communities
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy project including supporting the northeast Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams and Minnesota GreenStep Cities internships
Recent Blog Posts
MN Dept. of Commerce
Fri, 04/15/2016 - 1:34pm
With tax day, it’s no wonder that Minnesota and the nation recognize April as Financial Capability Month. It’s a great reminder for us that one of the best ways to save money is by saving energy! There are many basic no- and low-cost measures you can take to reduce energy use, cutting...
Thu, 04/07/2016 - 12:06am
Interested in experimenting with the University of Minnesota on passive solar greenhouse technology on your farm, community organization, or business in Greater Minnesota? Do you want to learn how to grow crops all year without relying on fossil fuels? Are you interested in helping others learn...
Wed, 04/06/2016 - 11:49pm
The Steve Hansen Memorial Scholarship Fund from the Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) honors Steve Hansen, a brilliant educator who taught thousands of students in Wisconsin about the importance of renewable energy, environmental sustainability, and earth stewardship. The Steve Hansen...
Northeast Case Studies
Being an energy efficiency authority requires practicing what you preach—and that is exactly what Cook County is doing. In 2012, Cook County Higher...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
Randy Washburn has a knack for how things operate. Although he has only been Supervisor of Itasca County’s Facilities Management Office for five...
- Jim DeVries, Laurentian Environmental Learning Center, YES!
- Tim Gallagher, Minnesota Power
- Mindy Granley, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Alison Hoxie, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Wayne Johnson, Northeast Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Mike Mageau, UMD Center for Sustainable Community Development
- Jim Plummer, Iron Range Resources
- Robert Ward, Financial Services Advisor
- Okey Ukaga, U of M Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships