Northeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Scale-up solar thermal through targeted outreach to sectors primed to adopt solar thermal technologies
- Increase education and implementation of biomass technologies and projects
- Collaborate with business and community leaders to increase renewable energy and energy efficiency and spur economic vitality in the area including assisting efforts like Duluth’s Georgetown Energy Competition and Minnesota Power’s Energy Challenge Communities
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy project including supporting the northeast Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams and Minnesota GreenStep Cities internships
Upcoming Northeast Events
Frontiers in the Environment talk: Can energy use data reduce electricity costs and environmental impacts?
in St. Paul
12:00pm to 1:00pm
Recent Blog Posts
Tue, 11/17/2015 - 12:39pm
During the month of October, 2015, folks in Mankato, Staples, and Grand Rapids had a chance to share their input on the Minnesota 2025 Energy Action Plan. CERTs hosted these three events (as well as an event in St. Paul) to gather feedback, with attendees participating in small group discussions...
Fri, 10/30/2015 - 1:08pm
Interest in solar energy and community solar gardens has exploded this year in Minnesota, and people are hungry for tools that can help them move forward. To meet the demand, the Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs) has relaunched the Clean Energy Project Builder website, which helps people find...
Wed, 10/28/2015 - 2:45pm
USDA Rural Development State Director Colleen Landkamer today announced that USDA is awarding 34 grants that will help Minnesota rural small businesses and agricultural producers reduce energy usage and costs in their operations. Funding will go towards energy efficiency improvements and/or...
Northeast Case Studies
Being an energy efficiency authority requires practicing what you preach—and that is exactly what Cook County is doing. In 2012, Cook County Higher...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
Randy Washburn has a knack for how things operate. Although he has only been Supervisor of Itasca County’s Facilities Management Office for five...
- David Abazs, renewable energy expert
- Jim DeVries, Laurentian Environmental Learning Center, YES!
- Tim Gallagher, Minnesota Power
- Mindy Granley, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Alison Hoxie, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Wayne Johnson, Northeast Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Mike Mageau, UMD Center for Sustainable Community Development
- Tim Olhoff, Renewable Energy Expert
- Ashley Phoenix, Natural Harvest Food Co-op
- Jim Plummer, Iron Range Resources
- Chris Reed, Renewable Energy Expert
- Robert Ward, Financial Services Advisor
- Okey Ukaga, U of M Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships