Northeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Scale-up solar thermal through targeted outreach to sectors primed to adopt solar thermal technologies
- Increase education and implementation of biomass technologies and projects
- Collaborate with business and community leaders to increase renewable energy and energy efficiency and spur economic vitality in the area including assisting efforts like Duluth’s Georgetown Energy Competition and Minnesota Power’s Energy Challenge Communities
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy project including supporting the northeast Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams and Minnesota GreenStep Cities internships
Upcoming Northeast Events
1:30pm to 2:30pm
2:00pm to 2:30pm
Recent Blog Posts
MN Dept. of Commerce
Tue, 07/19/2016 - 11:18am
The purpose of the Conservation Applied Research and Development (CARD) Grant Program is to identify new technologies, strategies, and program approaches that utilities can implement to help achieve the annual state energy conservation goal of 1.5% as established by the Next Generation Energy Act...
Tue, 07/19/2016 - 10:46am
Minnesota wastewater treatment plants can get help to achieve energy efficiency through the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Wastewater Infrastructure Accelerator. The Minnesota Department of Commerce is a program partner and will help facilitate assistance for Minnesota plants. According to the...
Tue, 07/19/2016 - 10:24am
USDA Rural Development offers an array of programs to help improve the economy and quality of life in rural Minnesota. A new Program Summary guide offers an overview of all programs—it’s a must-read resource for learning about how your goals and projects could be supported. What...
Northeast Case Studies
Being an energy efficiency authority requires practicing what you preach—and that is exactly what Cook County is doing. In 2012, Cook County Higher...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
Randy Washburn has a knack for how things operate. Although he has only been Supervisor of Itasca County’s Facilities Management Office for five...
- Jim DeVries, Laurentian Environmental Learning Center, YES!
- Tim Gallagher, Minnesota Power
- Mindy Granley, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Alison Hoxie, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Wayne Johnson, Northeast Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Mike Mageau, UMD Center for Sustainable Community Development
- Jim Plummer, Iron Range Resources
- Robert Ward, Financial Services Advisor
- Okey Ukaga, U of M Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships