Northeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Scale-up solar thermal through targeted outreach to sectors primed to adopt solar thermal technologies
- Increase education and implementation of biomass technologies and projects
- Collaborate with business and community leaders to increase renewable energy and energy efficiency and spur economic vitality in the area including assisting efforts like Duluth’s Georgetown Energy Competition and Minnesota Power’s Energy Challenge Communities
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy project including supporting the northeast Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams and Minnesota GreenStep Cities internships
Upcoming Northeast Events
Recent Blog Posts
Fri, 02/05/2016 - 1:09pm
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is accepting applications from organizations interested in participating as a host site for the 2016 – 2017 year of the Minnesota GreenCorps program. Applications from eligible organizations interested in hosting Minnesota GreenCorps members are...
Thu, 02/04/2016 - 10:00am
What do people living and working in your community want in energy efficiency and sustainability? Communities can partner with Xcel Energy to identify and prioritize their energy needs. The utility provides tools and resources to develop a plan and then supports putting it into action. It’s...
Wed, 02/03/2016 - 12:05pm
The federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) and Production Tax Credit (PTC) were recently extended. Set to expire at the end of 2016, both will now continue to support clean energy in Minnesota for several years. We interviewed Mike Rothman, Commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Commerce, to...
Northeast Case Studies
Being an energy efficiency authority requires practicing what you preach—and that is exactly what Cook County is doing. In 2012, Cook County Higher...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
Randy Washburn has a knack for how things operate. Although he has only been Supervisor of Itasca County’s Facilities Management Office for five...
- Jim DeVries, Laurentian Environmental Learning Center, YES!
- Tim Gallagher, Minnesota Power
- Mindy Granley, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Alison Hoxie, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Wayne Johnson, Northeast Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Mike Mageau, UMD Center for Sustainable Community Development
- Jim Plummer, Iron Range Resources
- Chris Reed, Renewable Energy Expert
- Robert Ward, Financial Services Advisor
- Okey Ukaga, U of M Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships