Northeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Work with communities on delivered fuels to broaden their energy options through technologies like solar thermal air heat and biomass
- Collaborate with business and community leaders to increase renewable energy and energy efficiency and spur economic vitality in the area
- Work with media to cover local success stories and energy efficiency opportunities
- We work primarily to further energy efficiency, wind, solar, and education related projects across the region.
- In 2005, the team adopted an ambitious goal to complete demonstration projects at every school or community in the region. Since that time, many have been matched up with the technical resources they needed to implement their clean energy ideas!
- We are also looking to more efficiently utilize our natural supply of biomass materials for heating buildings.
Northeast Case Studies
Northeast Community Projects
These projects emerged from the 2013 CERTs Conference and are open to community involvement. Click on a project to learn more or see all projects statewide.
Recent Blog Posts
- David Abazs, renewable energy expert
- Anni Friesen, Duluth Energy Efficiency Project
- Mindy Granley, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Wayne Johnson, Northeast Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Mike Mageau, UMD Center for Sustainable Community Development
- Bill Mittlefehldt, Staff for NE CERT
- Tim Olhoff, RREAL
- Ashley Phoenix, Natural Harvest Food Co-op
- Jim Plummer, Iron Range Resources
- Robert Ward, Financial Services Advisor
- Leo Wilenius, Lake Country Power Coop
- Okey Ukaga, U of M Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships