Northeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Scale-up solar thermal through targeted outreach to sectors primed to adopt solar thermal technologies
- Increase education and implementation of biomass technologies and projects
- Collaborate with business and community leaders to increase renewable energy and energy efficiency and spur economic vitality in the area including assisting efforts like Duluth’s Georgetown Energy Competition and Minnesota Power’s Energy Challenge Communities
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy project including supporting the northeast Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams and Minnesota GreenStep Cities internships
Upcoming Northeast Events
in Saint Paul or online
9:00am to 11:00am
11:00am to 12:00pm
Recent Blog Posts
Tue, 04/25/2017 - 2:25pm
Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light (MNIPL) is an organization that works with faith communities across Minnesota to address the problem of climate change through education and opportunities to become a part of the climate justice movement. With help from a Northeast CERT seed grant, they were...
Tue, 04/25/2017 - 12:39pm
Recently, Elizabeth Dunbar at Minnesota Public Radio published a story all about the rising energy use of our personal workstations—that mess of cords at your desk powering all of your stuff. Read on for an interesting analysis and useful tips for reducing your load! “Dual monitors,...
Wed, 04/05/2017 - 9:30am
The Minnesota Department of Commerce just announced their 2017 Made in Minnesota Solar PV Incentive Program lottery results. This year the program will support 679 new projects and 10.23 MW of capacity—that’s a lot! Minnesota Power’s SolarSense Program also expanded this year. A...
Northeast Case Studies
Being an energy efficiency authority requires practicing what you preach—and that is exactly what Cook County is doing. In 2012, Cook County Higher...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
Randy Washburn has a knack for how things operate. Although he has only been Supervisor of Itasca County’s Facilities Management Office for five...
- Jim DeVries, Laurentian Environmental Learning Center, YES!
- Tim Gallagher, Minnesota Power
- Mindy Granley, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Alison Hoxie, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Wayne Johnson, Northeast Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Doug Lande, Off-Grid Home Owner
- Mike Mageau, UMD Center for Sustainable Community Development
- Yusef Orest, Arrowhead Electric Cooperative
- Jim Plummer, Iron Range Resources
- Okey Ukaga, U of M Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships
- Robert Ward, Financial Services Advisor