Southwest CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
|Southwest Clean Energy Resource Team (SW CERT) is offering the Southwest Clean Energy Accelerator Seed Grant opportunity to help jump start clean energy and renewable energy projects in the SW CERT Region. The intent of this fund is to help local units of government and non-profit organizations in the SW CERT Region identify, benchmark, measure and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Apply today!|
- Assist communities with outdoor swimming pools to identify and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects to help reduce costs
- Garner broader participation and utilization of existing financing tools, specifically scale-up use of RMEB Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Expand partnership and collaborations with youth on clean energy, in particular building on lessons learned from regional Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams
- Assist cooperatives and municipal utilities with outreach around energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Pilot additional solar projects including exploring how community solar gardens could be expanded to new utilities in southwest Minnesota
Upcoming Southwest Events
Recent Blog Posts
Fri, 02/05/2016 - 1:09pm
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is accepting applications from organizations interested in participating as a host site for the 2016 – 2017 year of the Minnesota GreenCorps program. Applications from eligible organizations interested in hosting Minnesota GreenCorps members are...
Thu, 02/04/2016 - 10:00am
What do people living and working in your community want in energy efficiency and sustainability? Communities can partner with Xcel Energy to identify and prioritize their energy needs. The utility provides tools and resources to develop a plan and then supports putting it into action. It’s...
Wed, 02/03/2016 - 12:05pm
The federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) and Production Tax Credit (PTC) were recently extended. Set to expire at the end of 2016, both will now continue to support clean energy in Minnesota for several years. We interviewed Mike Rothman, Commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Commerce, to...
Southwest Case Studies
Everyone would like to save money on utility bills, and most people want to conserve our natural resources, right? Well, in Southwest Minnesota,...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
With a vast agricultural industry and resources spread over fields and acres, how do you measure the true renewable energy resources of Minnesota?...
- Anne Dybsetter, University of Minnesota Extension
- Paul Pierson, US Department of Agriculture
- Steve Flohrs, Martin County Commissioner, RMEB
- Roxanne Hayenga, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- David Henkels, Jackson County Commissioner, RMEB
- Ken Hoime, Rock County Commissioner, RMEB
- Nan Larson, Agriculture Utilization and Research Institute
- Steve Ritter, Lyon County, RMEB
At Large Members:
- Abraham Algadi, Worthington Regional Economic Development Corporation
- David Benson, University of Minnesota Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships, Energy Committee
- Miron Carney, Mayor, City of Slayton
- Michael Emerson, Siemens Energy & Environmental Solutions
- Julie Rath, Redwood Area Development Corporation
- Vince Robinson, Development Services, Inc.