Southwest CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
|Southwest Clean Energy Resource Team (SW CERT) is offering the Southwest Clean Energy Accelerator Seed Grant opportunity to help jump start clean energy and renewable energy projects in the SW CERT Region. The intent of this fund is to help local units of government and non-profit organizations in the SW CERT Region identify, benchmark, measure and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Apply today!|
- Assist communities with outdoor swimming pools to identify and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects to help reduce costs
- Garner broader participation and utilization of existing financing tools, specifically scale-up use of RMEB Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Expand partnership and collaborations with youth on clean energy, in particular building on lessons learned from regional Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams
- Assist cooperatives and municipal utilities with outreach around energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Pilot additional solar projects including exploring how community solar gardens could be expanded to new utilities in southwest Minnesota
Upcoming Southwest Events
in 117 Pleasant St SE
in Saint Paul
9:00am to 11:00am
Recent Blog Posts
Mon, 02/20/2017 - 1:39pm
Minnesota and California along with six school districts and several national organizations are implementing partners in the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) new Zero Energy Schools Accelerator program, the DOE announced on Dec. 6. The Accelerator is part of the DOE’s Better Buildings Initiative...
Thu, 02/16/2017 - 11:48am
This is an excerpt from a recent Marshall Independent story by Deb Gau. Over the past few months, Heather Westman said, there have been plenty of questions from the community about the solar panels going up behind the Kruse Motors dealerships in Marshall. “It’s been really positive. The biggest...
Wed, 02/08/2017 - 10:29am
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is accepting applications from organizations interested in participating as a host site for the 2017-2018 year of the Minnesota GreenCorps program. Applications from eligible organizations interested in hosting Minnesota GreenCorps members are due by 5:...
Southwest Case Studies
Everyone would like to save money on utility bills, and most people want to conserve our natural resources, right? Well, in Southwest Minnesota,...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
With a vast agricultural industry and resources spread over fields and acres, how do you measure the true renewable energy resources of Minnesota?...
- David Benson, University of Minnesota Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships, Energy Committee
- Anne Dybsetter, University of Minnesota Extension
- Steve Flohrs, Martin County Commissioner, RMEB
- Roxanne Hayenga, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Nan Larson, Agriculture Utilization and Research Institute
- Gary Overgaard, Rock County Commissioner, RMEB
- Paul Pierson, US Department of Agriculture
- Steve Ritter, Lyon County Commissioner, RMEB
- Don Wachal, Jackson County Commissioner, RMEB
At Large Members:
- Abraham Algadi, Worthington Regional Economic Development Corporation
- Miron Carney, Mayor, City of Slayton
- Michael Emerson, Siemens Energy & Environmental Solutions
- Tracey Haberman, Nobles Cooperative Electric
- Julie Rath, Redwood Area Development Corporation
- Vince Robinson, Development Services, Inc.