Southwest CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
|Southwest Clean Energy Resource Team (SW CERT) is offering the Southwest Clean Energy Accelerator Seed Grant opportunity to help jump start clean energy and renewable energy projects in the SW CERT Region. The intent of this fund is to help local units of government and non-profit organizations in the SW CERT Region identify, benchmark, measure and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Apply today!|
- Assist communities with outdoor swimming pools to identify and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects to help reduce costs
- Garner broader participation and utilization of existing financing tools, specifically scale-up use of RMEB Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Expand partnership and collaborations with youth on clean energy, in particular building on lessons learned from regional Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams
- Assist cooperatives and municipal utilities with outreach around energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Pilot additional solar projects including exploring how community solar gardens could be expanded to new utilities in southwest Minnesota
Recent Blog Posts
Thu, 05/26/2016 - 7:23am
If you are in Good Thunder (pop. 583) looking for a fun thrift store to update your home décor, stop into Main Street Repeats. Owners George and Maureen Spear not only have great deals awaiting the discerning customer, they also know a great deal when they see one: they recently upgraded their...
Thu, 05/26/2016 - 6:44am
Quantity Quotes, a free online marketplace for competitive quotes on EPA’s Water Sense and ENERGY STAR products (light bulbs, faucet aerators, showerheads, pre-rinse sprayers, and more). It was developed by the Department of Energy and is now managed by a local government agency in California...
Tue, 05/24/2016 - 6:57am
USDA Rural Development State Director recently announced funding to help rural small businesses and agricultural producers conserve energy and develop renewable energy systems. “This funding will allow local rural small businesses and ag producers the opportunity to invest in improvements that...
Southwest Case Studies
Everyone would like to save money on utility bills, and most people want to conserve our natural resources, right? Well, in Southwest Minnesota,...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
With a vast agricultural industry and resources spread over fields and acres, how do you measure the true renewable energy resources of Minnesota?...
- David Benson, University of Minnesota Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships, Energy Committee
- Anne Dybsetter, University of Minnesota Extension
- Steve Flohrs, Martin County Commissioner, RMEB
- Roxanne Hayenga, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- David Henkels, Jackson County Commissioner, RMEB
- Ken Hoime, Rock County Commissioner, RMEB
- Nan Larson, Agriculture Utilization and Research Institute
- Paul Pierson, US Department of Agriculture
- Steve Ritter, Lyon County, RMEB
At Large Members:
- Abraham Algadi, Worthington Regional Economic Development Corporation
- Miron Carney, Mayor, City of Slayton
- Michael Emerson, Siemens Energy & Environmental Solutions
- Julie Rath, Redwood Area Development Corporation
- Vince Robinson, Development Services, Inc.