Southwest CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Export more renewable energy in the region than energy imported and consumed, largely through conservation
- Encourage development of renewable energy projects through entrepreneurship
- Collaborate with local partners to spread energy efficiency news and success stories about clean energy projects
- Increase the use of biofuels in the region
- Encouraging community solar photovoltaic (PV) farms, researching the feasibility and practicality of mobile renewable energy systems in the region.
- Providing resources to educational groups (e.g., YES! and MNSCU).
- Working with The Minnesota Project and the Minnesota Pork Producers Association to investigate air quality and energy efficiency on farms.
- Developing a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) pilot project in the region.
Upcoming Southwest Events
Southwest Case Studies
Southwest Community Projects
These projects emerged from the 2013 CERTs Conference and are open to community involvement. Click on a project to learn more or see all projects statewide.
Recent Blog Posts
- Anne Dybsetter, University of Minnesota Extension
- Cheryl Glaeser, Southwest Initiative Foundation
- Paul Pierson, US Department of Agriculture
- Steve Flohrs, Martin County Commissioner, RMEB
- Ken Hoime, Rock County Commissioner, RMEB
- Steve Ritter, Lyon County, RMEB
- Dennis Timmerman, Agriculture Utilization and Research Institute
At Large Members:
- Julie Rath, Redwood Area Development Corporation
- Jennifer Prins, Southwest Minnesota Housing Partnership
- David Benson, University of Minnesota Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships, Energy Committee