West Central Region
West Central CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Work with farmers and small rural businesses to educate them about opportunities around energy efficiency and renewable energy projects
- Help farmers and rural businesses access funding for clean energy projects, including from existing resources like the USDA Renewable Energy for America Program(REAP) and Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Foster closer connections with regional cooperative utilities and municipal utilities to help increase adoption of both energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Advance community solar gardens in and with communities across the West Central region and work with local cooperatives to reach new subscribers
- Explore connections between planning and energy, including around specific efforts like prairie restoration
West Central Contact
Recent Blog Posts
Fri, 01/13/2017 - 12:15pm
St. Cloud is one of eight communities in Minnesota recently recognized at the 2016 Clean Energy Community Awards sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Commerce. The awards recognized communities that contribute to the state’s clean energy goals by planning and implementing programs, policies,...
MN Dept. of Commerce
Thu, 01/12/2017 - 1:47pm
Applications for the fourth year of the Made in Minnesota Solar Incentive Program will be accepted beginning on Jan. 1, 2017, and ending Feb. 28, 2017. The 10-year, $150-million program helps fund new solar electric and solar thermal systems for Minnesota residents, businesses, and communities. The...
Thu, 12/22/2016 - 1:53pm
Are you still stringing the same old incandescent decorative lights for the holidays? For many Minnesotans, the house, porch, shrubs and trees are donned with holiday lights. Depending on one’s holiday lighting enthusiasm, a home can save between $10 to $250 each holiday season by...
West Central Case Studies
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
NEEDS PDF; TPD: March 18-24 The City of Paynesville sensed for some time that they needed to replace their Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning...
In 2009, the University of Delaware created a model that helps to more effectively provide communities with support and information about...
- Bob Bonawitz, UMN SW Regional Sustainable Development Partnership Board
- Eric Buchanan, UMN West Central Research and Outreach Center
- David Fluegel, UMN SW Regional Sustainable Development Partnership Director
- Troy J. Goodnough, University of Minnesota Morris
- Sonya Gylsen, Master Naturalist
- Steve Nelson, Environmental Well & Septic
- John Paulson, City of Hutchinson
- Leroy Petersen, Kandiyohi County and City of Willmar Economic Development Commission
- Scott Randall, Solar Energy Professional
- Bob Ryan, European Energy Connections
- Connie Schmoll, Kandiyohi County & Willmar Economic Development Commission
- Dan Tepfer, Kandiyohi Power Cooperative