West Central Region
West Central CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Work with farmers and small rural businesses to educate them about opportunities around energy efficiency and renewable energy projects
- Help farmers and rural businesses access funding for clean energy projects, including from existing resources like the USDA Renewable Energy for America Program(REAP) and Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Foster closer connections with regional cooperative utilities and municipal utilities to help increase adoption of both energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Advance community solar gardens in and with communities across the West Central region and work with local cooperatives to reach new subscribers
- Explore connections between planning and energy, including around specific efforts like prairie restoration
West Central Contact
Recent Blog Posts
Sun, 09/20/2015 - 1:01pm
Want to have a voice in Minnesota’s clean energy future? Participate in the upcoming Minnesota 2025 Energy Action Plan events! CERTs will host four (4) events to gather feedback from Minnesotans statewide. Attendees will have a chance to participate in small group discussions on two of these five...
Tue, 09/15/2015 - 5:30pm
Bonnie Hometown Grocery is often the center of action for folks in Clinton, Minnesota (pop. 450). As owner of the store, Bonnie Carlson knows that the store is not only needed for groceries, but also provides a civic and social gathering place. She has to be creative looking for resources, and has...
Fri, 09/11/2015 - 3:12pm
The Made in Minnesota (MiM) Solar Program is a lottery-based incentive available to Minnesotans who install solar equipment that is made in Minnesota. Metro CERT Director Diana McKeown sat down with Kim Havey, Made in Minnesota Solar Program Coordinator at the Minnesota Department of Commerce, to...
West Central Case Studies
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
NEEDS PDF; TPD: March 18-24 The City of Paynesville sensed for some time that they needed to replace their Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning...
In 2009, the University of Delaware created a model that helps to more effectively provide communities with support and information about...
- Bob Bonawitz, UM West Central Regional Partnership Board & Willmar Utility Commission
- Eric Buchanan, University of Minnesota West Central Research and Outreach Center
- Kristi Fernholz, Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission
- Jennifer Frost, Swift County RDA
- Troy J. Goodnough, University of Minnesota Morris
- Sonya Gylsen, Master Naturalist
- Steve Nelson, Environmental Well & Septic
- John Paulson, City of Hutchinson
- Leroy Petersen, Kandiyohi County and City of Willmar Economic Development Commission
- Scott Randall, solar energy professional
- Bob Ryan, European Energy Connections
- Connie Schmoll, Kandiyohi County & Willmar Economic Development Commission
- Dan Tepfer, Kandiyohi Power Cooperative