West Central Region
West Central CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Work with farmers and small rural businesses to educate them about opportunities around energy efficiency and renewable energy projects
- Help farmers and rural businesses access funding for clean energy projects, including from existing resources like the USDA Renewable Energy for America Program(REAP) and Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Foster closer connections with regional cooperative utilities and municipal utilities to help increase adoption of both energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Advance community solar gardens in and with communities across the West Central region and work with local cooperatives to reach new subscribers
- Explore connections between planning and energy, including around specific efforts like prairie restoration
West Central Contact
Upcoming West Central Events
Recent Blog Posts
Fri, 08/21/2015 - 7:48am
Tesla generated much publicity after its April introduction of the Powerwall. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery, it stores electricity for consumption, load shifting, and backup power. Intended for residential purposes, Tesla has partnered with SolarCity to sell the 10 kWh Powerwall systems for $5...
Wed, 08/05/2015 - 5:55pm
The workshops during the 2014-2015 GreenStep Workshop Series covered a wide range of topics that are important to cities, providing a wealth of information and resources. To access that information and the resources from the workshops check out their webinar recordings and PDFs of their...
Wed, 08/05/2015 - 11:26am
CERTs is a proud partner of Midwest Energy News’ recently launched 40 Under 40 Award program that seeks to highlight emerging leaders throughout the region who work to accelerate America’s transition to a clean energy economy. The program is open to Midwest-based innovators from all sectors...
West Central Case Studies
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
NEEDS PDF; TPD: March 18-24 The City of Paynesville sensed for some time that they needed to replace their Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning...
In 2009, the University of Delaware created a model that helps to more effectively provide communities with support and information about...
- Bob Bonawitz, UM West Central Regional Partnership Board & Willmar Utility Commission
- Eric Buchanan, University of Minnesota West Central Research and Outreach Center
- Kristi Fernholz, Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission
- Jennifer Frost, Swift County RDA
- Troy J. Goodnough, University of Minnesota Morris
- Sonya Gylsen, Master Naturalist
- Steve Nelson, Environmental Well & Septic
- John Paulson, City of Hutchinson
- Leroy Petersen, Kandiyohi County and City of Willmar Economic Development Commission
- Scott Randall, solar energy professional
- Bob Ryan, European Energy Connections
- Connie Schmoll, Kandiyohi County & Willmar Economic Development Commission
- Dan Tepfer, Kandiyohi Power Cooperative