West Central Region
West Central CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Provide tools to spur community members to move from awareness to action
- Proactively engage specific groups about energy efficiency opportunities
- Strengthen support for youth-focused energy programming
- Develop, document, and disseminate community demonstration models
- Advancing community-based solar projects and models including community solar projects that work with local utilities, units of government and community members.
- Working with communities on energy projects that enhance economic development opportunities.
- Pursuing opportunities for LED lighting retrofits in business and for street lights.
- Working with communities to understand how their resources, capacity, and interests can be aligned to advance on-the-ground projects.
West Central Contact
West Central Case Studies
West Central Community Projects
These projects emerged from the 2013 CERTs Conference and are open to community involvement. Click on a project to learn more or see all projects statewide.
Recent Blog Posts
- Jim Barbour, University of Minnesota Morris
- Bob Bonawitz, UM West Central Regional Partnership Board & Willmar Utility Commission
- Eric Buchanan, University of Minnesota West Central Research and Outreach Center
- Kristi Fernholz, Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission
- Jennifer Frost, Swift County RDA
- Cheryl Glaeser, Southwest Initiative Foundation
- Troy J. Goodnough, University of Minnesota Morris
- Sonya Gylsen, Master Naturalist
- Steve Nelson, Environmental Well & Septic
- John Paulson, City of Hutchinson
- Leroy Petersen, Kandiyohi County and City of Willmar Economic Development Commission
- Scott Randall, solar energy professional
- Bob Ryan, European Energy Connections
- Nancy Strand, Milan Sustainable Energy Utility
- Dan Tepfer, Kandiyohi Power Cooperative
- Jeff Vetsch, West Central CERT Coordinator