West Central Region
West Central CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Provide tools to spur community members to move from awareness to action
- Proactively engage specific groups about energy efficiency opportunities
- Strengthen support for youth-focused energy programming
- Develop, document, and disseminate community demonstration models
- Advancing community-based solar projects and models including community solar projects that work with local utilities, units of government and community members.
- Working with communities on energy projects that enhance economic development opportunities.
- Pursuing opportunities for LED lighting retrofits in business and for street lights.
- Working with communities to understand how their resources, capacity, and interests can be aligned to advance on-the-ground projects.
West Central Contact
Recent Blog Posts
West Central Case Studies
West Central Community Projects
These projects emerged from the 2013 CERTs Conference and are open to community involvement. Click on a project to learn more or see all projects statewide.
- Jim Barbour, University of Minnesota Morris
- Bob Bonawitz, UM West Central Regional Partnership Board & Willmar Utility Commission
- Eric Buchanan, University of Minnesota West Central Research and Outreach Center
- Kristi Fernholz, Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission
- Jennifer Frost, Swift County RDA
- Troy J. Goodnough, University of Minnesota Morris
- Sonya Gylsen, Master Naturalist
- Steve Nelson, Environmental Well & Septic
- John Paulson, City of Hutchinson
- Leroy Petersen, Kandiyohi County and City of Willmar Economic Development Commission
- Scott Randall, solar energy professional
- Bob Ryan, European Energy Connections
- Dan Tepfer, Kandiyohi Power Cooperative