Northwest CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Increase energy awareness and action by fostering cross-sector communication and collaboration
- Build stronger connections and relationships with local utilities
- Advance energy efficiency and renewable energy projects at colleges and universities
- Support development of the regional biomass industry
- Supporting efforts to utilize solar thermal transpired air at campuses as a pre-heat to intake air
- Convening a region-wide forum that explores opportunities for students, faculty, administrators and their neighboring communities to collaborate on clean energy projects
- Exploring opportunities to utilize biomass energy sources for smaller-scale heating alternatives
Upcoming Northwest Events
Northwest Case Studies
Northwest Community Projects
These projects emerged from the 2013 CERTs Conference and are open to community involvement. Click on a project to learn more or see all projects statewide.
Recent Blog Posts
- Paul Aakre, UM Crookston Faculty
- Bonnie Abel, East Grand Forks Water and Light Department
- David Bahr, Bemidji State University
- Anna Carlson, Energy Consultant
- Jason Carlson, Tri-Valley Opportunity Council, Inc.
- Roger Garton, Rural Renewable Energy Alliance
- Linda Kingery, UM Northwest Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Diana Kuklinski, environmental health specialist
- Chris May, New Horizon Resort & Lodge
- Mike Moore, Thief River Falls Community Development
- Shannon Mortenson, City of Warren