Northwest CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Increase energy awareness and action by fostering cross-sector communication and collaboration
- Build stronger connections and relationships with local utilities
- Advance energy efficiency and renewable energy projects at colleges and universities
- Support development of the regional biomass industry
- Supporting efforts to utilize solar thermal transpired air at campuses as a pre-heat to intake air
- Convening a region-wide forum that explores opportunities for students, faculty, administrators and their neighboring communities to collaborate on clean energy projects
- Exploring opportunities to utilize biomass energy sources for smaller-scale heating alternatives
Upcoming Northwest Events
Recent Blog Posts
Wed, 07/01/2015 - 1:28pm
The goal of the Renewable Energy Outreach Project was to promote the benefits of solar heating systems, particularly for low-income households in Northwest Minnesota. Conservation Corps Minnesota (CCM) collaborated with the Rural Renewable Energy Alliance (RREAL), a nonprofit organization that...
Mon, 06/15/2015 - 3:37pm
For public entities in Minnesota, a new statewide contract for electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE or charging stations) is now in place. Vendor product and contact information is available on the Minnesota Department of Administration website. The purpose of this statewide contract is to...
Sun, 06/14/2015 - 3:23pm
Nonprofits anywhere in Minnesota can take advantage of 0% loans from Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) before the end of June. If you have a plan for an improvement primarily intended to reduce energy consumption just sitting on the shelf waiting for money to come along, then don’t miss...
Northwest Case Studies
The Headwaters Regional Development Commission (HRDC) recently used grant funding from CERTs to conduct a community survey in Beltrami County,...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
TPD: July 8 – 14; NEEDS PDF The bright lights along Highway 2 in Crookston, Minnesota are sure to stand out to anyone passing through....
- Paul Aakre, UM Crookston Faculty
- David Bahr, Bemidji State University
- Anna Carlson, Energy Consultant
- Jason Carlson, Tri-Valley Opportunity Council, Inc.
- Jon Fabre, Otter Tail Power
- Roger Garton, Rural Renewable Energy Alliance
- Joe Herbst, Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Linda Kingery, UM Northwest Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Diana Kuklinski, environmental health specialist
- Mike Moore, Thief River Falls Community Development
- Shannon Mortenson, City of Warren
- Michael Triplett, White Earth Reservation Tribal Council