Northwest CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Advance community solar gardens and engage low-income residents, tribal members and utilities in development of new community solar models
- Deploy Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) as a regional funding mechanism and recruit businesses to use the program
- Further support and develop the Green Step Tribal Nations framework in conjunction with Tribal Nations
- Identify and implement biomass projects across the region
- Scale-up electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure across the region with campus-based efforts and through promotion of new charging stations
Upcoming Northwest Events
in 117 Pleasant St SE
in Saint Paul
9:00am to 11:00am
Recent Blog Posts
Mon, 02/20/2017 - 1:39pm
Minnesota and California along with six school districts and several national organizations are implementing partners in the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) new Zero Energy Schools Accelerator program, the DOE announced on Dec. 6. The Accelerator is part of the DOE’s Better Buildings Initiative...
Wed, 02/08/2017 - 10:29am
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is accepting applications from organizations interested in participating as a host site for the 2017-2018 year of the Minnesota GreenCorps program. Applications from eligible organizations interested in hosting Minnesota GreenCorps members are due by 5:...
Tue, 02/07/2017 - 11:40am
This is an excerpt from a recent article by Al Edenloff in the Alexandria Echo Press. Imagine zipping down the road in your new electric car but with one nagging question: Is there a charging station nearby? Soon you won’t have to worry as much. The Interstate 94 corridor from Detroit, Mich...
Northwest Case Studies
The Headwaters Regional Development Commission (HRDC) recently used grant funding from CERTs to conduct a community survey in Beltrami County,...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
TPD: July 8 – 14; NEEDS PDF The bright lights along Highway 2 in Crookston, Minnesota are sure to stand out to anyone passing through....
- Paul Aakre, UM Crookston Faculty
- Erika Adams, Biologist and Translator
- Bob Backman, active community member
- David Bahr, Bemidji State University
- Jon Fabre, Otter Tail Power
- Roger Garton, Otter Tail Power Company
- Linda Kingery, UM Northwest Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Shannon Mortenson, City of Warren
- Michael Triplett, White Earth Reservation Tribal Council