Northwest CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Advance community solar gardens and engage low-income residents, tribal members and utilities in development of new community solar models
- Deploy Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) as a regional funding mechanism and recruit businesses to use the program
- Further support and develop the Green Step Tribal Nations framework in conjunction with Tribal Nations
- Identify and implement biomass projects across the region
- Scale-up electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure across the region with campus-based efforts and through promotion of new charging stations
Upcoming Northwest Events
Future-Ready Communities: 2016 League of Minnesota Cities and the Transforming Local Government Conference
in Saint Paul
12:30pm to 12:00pm
in Saint Paul
9:00am to 11:00am
Recent Blog Posts
MN Dept. of Commerce
Fri, 04/15/2016 - 1:34pm
With tax day, it’s no wonder that Minnesota and the nation recognize April as Financial Capability Month. It’s a great reminder for us that one of the best ways to save money is by saving energy! There are many basic no- and low-cost measures you can take to reduce energy use, cutting...
Thu, 04/07/2016 - 12:06am
Interested in experimenting with the University of Minnesota on passive solar greenhouse technology on your farm, community organization, or business in Greater Minnesota? Do you want to learn how to grow crops all year without relying on fossil fuels? Are you interested in helping others learn...
Wed, 04/06/2016 - 11:49pm
The Steve Hansen Memorial Scholarship Fund from the Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) honors Steve Hansen, a brilliant educator who taught thousands of students in Wisconsin about the importance of renewable energy, environmental sustainability, and earth stewardship. The Steve Hansen...
Northwest Case Studies
The Headwaters Regional Development Commission (HRDC) recently used grant funding from CERTs to conduct a community survey in Beltrami County,...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
TPD: July 8 – 14; NEEDS PDF The bright lights along Highway 2 in Crookston, Minnesota are sure to stand out to anyone passing through....
- Paul Aakre, UM Crookston Faculty
- Bob Backman, active community member
- David Bahr, Bemidji State University
- Anna Carlson, Energy Consultant
- Jason Carlson, Tri-Valley Opportunity Council, Inc.
- Jon Fabre, Otter Tail Power
- Roger Garton, Rural Renewable Energy Alliance
- Joe Herbst, Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Linda Kingery, UM Northwest Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Diana Kuklinski, environmental health specialist
- Shannon Mortenson, City of Warren
- Michael Triplett, White Earth Reservation Tribal Council