Northwest CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Increase energy awareness and action by fostering cross-sector communication and collaboration
- Build stronger connections and relationships with local utilities
- Advance energy efficiency and renewable energy projects at colleges and universities
- Support development of the regional biomass industry
- Supporting efforts to utilize solar thermal transpired air at campuses as a pre-heat to intake air
- Convening a region-wide forum that explores opportunities for students, faculty, administrators and their neighboring communities to collaborate on clean energy projects
- Exploring opportunities to utilize biomass energy sources for smaller-scale heating alternatives
Upcoming Northwest Events
Recent Blog Posts
Thu, 07/30/2015 - 2:11pm
Drive Electric Minnesota – an organization that promulgates electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in charging infrastructure statewide – presents the Zero Emission Charging Challenge (ZECC). ZECC hopes to power all public charging stations with Windsource, Xcel Energy’s renewable energy...
Thu, 07/30/2015 - 12:06pm
Looking for a great green job in the clean energy sector? Below are four positions here in Minnesota that might be the perfect fit for you. Good luck with your applications! Midwest Renewable Energy Tracking System (M-RETS) Executive Director This powerful position heads M-RETS. The...
Tue, 07/21/2015 - 12:20pm
The Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) has recently partnered with the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) to offer online courses in its BuildingEnergy Masters Series. This partnership expands the MREA’s scope of training from renewable energy technologies to now include...
Northwest Case Studies
The Headwaters Regional Development Commission (HRDC) recently used grant funding from CERTs to conduct a community survey in Beltrami County,...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
TPD: July 8 – 14; NEEDS PDF The bright lights along Highway 2 in Crookston, Minnesota are sure to stand out to anyone passing through....
- Paul Aakre, UM Crookston Faculty
- David Bahr, Bemidji State University
- Anna Carlson, Energy Consultant
- Jason Carlson, Tri-Valley Opportunity Council, Inc.
- Jon Fabre, Otter Tail Power
- Roger Garton, Rural Renewable Energy Alliance
- Joe Herbst, Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Linda Kingery, UM Northwest Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Diana Kuklinski, environmental health specialist
- Mike Moore, Thief River Falls Community Development
- Shannon Mortenson, City of Warren
- Michael Triplett, White Earth Reservation Tribal Council