Southeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Advance community solar gardens in and with communities across the Southeast region
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy projects including by supporting regional school teams, extracurricular teams, and Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams in their energy efficiency and renewable energy education efforts
- Explore opportunities to scale-up the use of hybrid energy systems through information sharing and model project deployment
- Expand access to capital for renewable energy projects by cataloging local lending programs, highlight existing resources and developing a decision tool to help businesses and non-profits utilize these resources
- Advance on-farm efficiency and renewable energy opportunities in conjunction with local utilities
Recent Blog Posts
MN Dept. of Commerce
Wed, 09/21/2016 - 8:24am
As another Minnesota winter approaches, homeowners may be looking to replace an old, worn-out or inefficient heating system with a new high-efficiency model. Most furnaces have a useful life of 15-20 years, while most boilers will last 20-30 years. If your furnace or boiler is nearing the end of...
Sarah Hayden Shaw
Tue, 09/20/2016 - 3:36pm
This past spring, thanks to support from the University of Minnesota’s Central Region Sustainable Development Partnership, Central CERT Coordinator Sarah Hayden Shaw had the opportunity to work with Connor Schaefer, a Masters student at the University of Minnesota Humphrey School of Public...
Tue, 09/20/2016 - 11:00am
What do people living and working in your community want in energy efficiency and sustainability? Communities can partner with Xcel Energy to identify and prioritize their energy needs. The utility provides tools and resources to develop a plan and then supports putting it into action. It’s...
Southeast Case Studies
High tunnels (also commonly referred to as polytunnels, hoop greenhouses, or hoophouses) are large, generally semi-circle-shaped structures made of...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
The road to energy efficiency isn’t always smooth, but that hasn’t stopped the City of Austin, Minnesota from taking measure after measure to promote...
- Sig Anderson, CURE & Minnesota Project Board
- Ed Cohen, Community Member & Energy Expert
- Jared Hendricks, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Marcus Hendrickson, Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency
- Rich Huelskamp, Sun’s Warmth
- Micah Johnson, Solar Connection
- Erin Meier, SE Experiment in Rural Cooperation
- Mark Owens, Mark Owens Residential Design
- Ray Schmitz, Olmsted CERT
- Paul Uecker, Farmer
- Roger Wacek, Independent Contractor