Southeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Advance community solar gardens in and with communities across the Southeast region
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy projects including by supporting regional school teams, extracurricular teams, and Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams in their energy efficiency and renewable energy education efforts
- Explore opportunities to scale-up the use of hybrid energy systems through information sharing and model project deployment
- Expand access to capital for renewable energy projects by cataloging local lending programs, highlight existing resources and developing a decision tool to help businesses and non-profits utilize these resources
- Advance on-farm efficiency and renewable energy opportunities in conjunction with local utilities
Recent Blog Posts
Tue, 01/17/2017 - 10:55am
Electricity at Timm’s Trucking in Morristown is now provided by the company’s new 30.5 kW Solar PV array, locking in today’s energy costs for years to come. Business owner Randy Timm described the double benefit of installing a renewable energy system that was “not only good for the...
MN Dept. of Commerce
Thu, 01/12/2017 - 1:47pm
Applications for the fourth year of the Made in Minnesota Solar Incentive Program will be accepted beginning on Jan. 1, 2017, and ending Feb. 28, 2017. The 10-year, $150-million program helps fund new solar electric and solar thermal systems for Minnesota residents, businesses, and communities. The...
Wed, 01/11/2017 - 3:48pm
St. Olaf College, located in southeast Minnesota, is taking energy matters into their own hands and making the leap toward 100% renewable energy. This great feat has taken commendable initiative in order to completely relinquish dependence on non-renewable electricity sources. According to Pete...
Southeast Case Studies
High tunnels (also commonly referred to as polytunnels, hoop greenhouses, or hoophouses) are large, generally semi-circle-shaped structures made of...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
The road to energy efficiency isn’t always smooth, but that hasn’t stopped the City of Austin, Minnesota from taking measure after measure to promote...
- Sig Anderson, CURE & Minnesota Project Board
- Ed Cohen, Community Member & Energy Expert
- Jared Hendricks, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Marcus Hendrickson, Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency
- Rich Huelskamp, Sun’s Warmth
- Micah Johnson, Solar Connection
- Erin Meier, SE Experiment in Rural Cooperation
- Mark Owens, Mark Owens Residential Design
- Ray Schmitz, Olmsted CERT
- Paul Uecker, Farmer
- Roger Wacek, Independent Contractor