Southeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Work toward a vision of communities producing a greater share of the region’s energy through locally-owned projects
- Encourage clean energy entrepreneurship and a do-it-yourself mentality
- Spread energy efficiency news and stories through partnerships with local media
- Work directly with counties, cities, and utilities to encourage energy efficiency
- We work primarily on energy efficiency and conservation, outreach and education, and advocating for distributed generation projects in our region.
- Current regional projects we’re supporting include the initiation of a community solar framework, small business and non-profit outreach, and energy education for youth.
- We encourage the use of case studies in business development to inspire others to create their own projects and tell their own stories.
Recent Blog Posts
Tue, 06/16/2015 - 10:31am
Residents and businesses in Winona County have organized around the prospect of getting a one megawatt community solar garden project installed in their Xcel Energy service territory. They call the effort Power Up Winona Community Solar, and it’s really picking up steam. We interviewed...
Mon, 06/15/2015 - 3:37pm
For public entities in Minnesota, a new statewide contract for electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE or charging stations) is now in place. Vendor product and contact information is available on the Minnesota Department of Administration website. The purpose of this statewide contract is to...
Sun, 06/14/2015 - 3:23pm
Nonprofits anywhere in Minnesota can take advantage of 0% loans from Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) before the end of June. If you have a plan for an improvement primarily intended to reduce energy consumption just sitting on the shelf waiting for money to come along, then don’t miss...
Southeast Case Studies
High tunnels (also commonly referred to as polytunnels, hoop greenhouses, or hoophouses) are large, generally semi-circle-shaped structures made of...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
The road to energy efficiency isn’t always smooth, but that hasn’t stopped the City of Austin, Minnesota from taking measure after measure to promote...
- Sig Anderson, CURE & Minnesota Project Board
- Ed Cohen, Community Member & Energy Expert
- Jared Hendricks, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Marcus Hendrickson, Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency
- Rich Huelskamp, Sun’s Warmth
- Connie Ireland, Department of Employment & Economic Development
- Micah Johnson, Solar Connection
- Erin Meier, SE Experiment in Rural Cooperation
- Chris Meyer, Community Organizer
- Mark Owens, Mark Owens Residential Design
- Ray Schmitz, Olmsted CERT
- Paul Uecker, Farmer
- Roger Wacek, Independent Contractor