Southeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Advance community solar gardens in and with communities across the Southeast region
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy projects including by supporting regional school teams, extracurricular teams, and Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams in their energy efficiency and renewable energy education efforts
- Explore opportunities to scale-up the use of hybrid energy systems through information sharing and model project deployment
- Expand access to capital for renewable energy projects by cataloging local lending programs, highlight existing resources and developing a decision tool to help businesses and non-profits utilize these resources
- Advance on-farm efficiency and renewable energy opportunities in conjunction with local utilities
Upcoming Southeast Events
8:30am to 12:00pm
6:00pm to 7:30pm
Recent Blog Posts
Fri, 08/21/2015 - 9:15am
Over thirty people gathered in Austin, Minnesota on Wednesday, August 5th at Jay C. Hormel Nature Center to hear from community members and civic leaders taking clean energy action across multiple sectors on a wide range of projects in Austin. The event was a Southeast Clean Energy Resource Team (...
Fri, 08/21/2015 - 7:48am
Tesla generated much publicity after its April introduction of the Powerwall. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery, it stores electricity for consumption, load shifting, and backup power. Intended for residential purposes, Tesla has partnered with SolarCity to sell the 10 kWh Powerwall systems for $5...
Wed, 08/05/2015 - 5:55pm
The workshops during the 2014-2015 GreenStep Workshop Series covered a wide range of topics that are important to cities, providing a wealth of information and resources. To access that information and the resources from the workshops check out their webinar recordings and PDFs of their...
Southeast Case Studies
High tunnels (also commonly referred to as polytunnels, hoop greenhouses, or hoophouses) are large, generally semi-circle-shaped structures made of...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
The road to energy efficiency isn’t always smooth, but that hasn’t stopped the City of Austin, Minnesota from taking measure after measure to promote...
- Sig Anderson, CURE & Minnesota Project Board
- Ed Cohen, Community Member & Energy Expert
- Jared Hendricks, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Marcus Hendrickson, Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency
- Rich Huelskamp, Sun’s Warmth
- Connie Ireland, Department of Employment & Economic Development
- Micah Johnson, Solar Connection
- Erin Meier, SE Experiment in Rural Cooperation
- Chris Meyer, Community Organizer
- Mark Owens, Mark Owens Residential Design
- Ray Schmitz, Olmsted CERT
- Paul Uecker, Farmer
- Roger Wacek, Independent Contractor