Southeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Advance community solar gardens in and with communities across the Southeast region
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy projects including by supporting regional school teams, extracurricular teams, and Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams in their energy efficiency and renewable energy education efforts
- Explore opportunities to scale-up the use of hybrid energy systems through information sharing and model project deployment
- Expand access to capital for renewable energy projects by cataloging local lending programs, highlight existing resources and developing a decision tool to help businesses and non-profits utilize these resources
- Advance on-farm efficiency and renewable energy opportunities in conjunction with local utilities
Upcoming Southeast Events
in Saint Paul or online
9:00am to 11:00am
11:00am to 12:00pm
Recent Blog Posts
MN Dept. of Commerce
Thu, 04/27/2017 - 12:11pm
Solar is a win-win-win for incentive recipients, economy and environment Ron and Kathy Gray of Kellogg, Minn., applied for the Made in Minnesota Solar Incentive Program in 2015 and were selected to receive the incentive. They had a 9.9 kW rooftop solar system installed on their house,...
Tue, 04/25/2017 - 12:39pm
Recently, Elizabeth Dunbar at Minnesota Public Radio published a story all about the rising energy use of our personal workstations—that mess of cords at your desk powering all of your stuff. Read on for an interesting analysis and useful tips for reducing your load! “Dual monitors,...
Mon, 04/10/2017 - 11:47am
Over sixty Winona county residents crowded into the Winona City Hall on a recent brisk March Saturday morning to learn the “Seven Steps to a Solar Ready Home.” Because every dollar spend on energy efficiency reduces the size of a needed solar electric generating system energy,...
Southeast Case Studies
High tunnels (also commonly referred to as polytunnels, hoop greenhouses, or hoophouses) are large, generally semi-circle-shaped structures made of...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
The road to energy efficiency isn’t always smooth, but that hasn’t stopped the City of Austin, Minnesota from taking measure after measure to promote...
- Sig Anderson, CURE & Minnesota Project Board
- Ed Cohen, Community Member & Energy Expert
- Jared Hendricks, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Marcus Hendrickson, Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency
- Rich Huelskamp, Sun’s Warmth
- Micah Johnson, Solar Connection
- Erin Meier, SE Experiment in Rural Cooperation
- Mark Owens, Mark Owens Residential Design
- Ray Schmitz, Olmsted CERT
- Paul Uecker, Farmer
- Roger Wacek, Independent Contractor