Southeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Work toward a vision of communities producing a greater share of the region’s energy through locally-owned projects
- Encourage clean energy entrepreneurship and a do-it-yourself mentality
- Spread energy efficiency news and stories through partnerships with local media
- Work directly with counties, cities, and utilities to encourage energy efficiency
- We work primarily on energy efficiency and conservation, outreach and education, and advocating for distributed generation projects in our region.
- Current regional projects we’re supporting include the initiation of a community solar framework, small business and non-profit outreach, and energy education for youth.
- We encourage the use of case studies in business development to inspire others to create their own projects and tell their own stories.
Upcoming Southeast Events
11:00am to 12:30pm
2:00pm to 5:00pm
Recent Blog Posts
Tue, 07/21/2015 - 12:20pm
The Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) has recently partnered with the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) to offer online courses in its BuildingEnergy Masters Series. This partnership expands the MREA’s scope of training from renewable energy technologies to now include...
Fri, 07/17/2015 - 10:35am
ENERGY STAR certification is a nationally recognized symbol of building efficiency. It tells current and potential occupants that owners care about running the building well, being financially prudent, and being environmentally responsible. There are currently two separate grant opportunities for...
MN Dept. of Commerce
Thu, 07/16/2015 - 4:22pm
The Minnesota Department of Commerce has just announced two new financing programs that are available for local governments and public entities in the state interested in pursuing energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. New Rev It Up Program to help local government units finance...
Southeast Case Studies
High tunnels (also commonly referred to as polytunnels, hoop greenhouses, or hoophouses) are large, generally semi-circle-shaped structures made of...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
The road to energy efficiency isn’t always smooth, but that hasn’t stopped the City of Austin, Minnesota from taking measure after measure to promote...
- Sig Anderson, CURE & Minnesota Project Board
- Ed Cohen, Community Member & Energy Expert
- Jared Hendricks, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Marcus Hendrickson, Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency
- Rich Huelskamp, Sun’s Warmth
- Connie Ireland, Department of Employment & Economic Development
- Micah Johnson, Solar Connection
- Erin Meier, SE Experiment in Rural Cooperation
- Chris Meyer, Community Organizer
- Mark Owens, Mark Owens Residential Design
- Ray Schmitz, Olmsted CERT
- Paul Uecker, Farmer
- Roger Wacek, Independent Contractor