Southeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Advance community solar gardens in and with communities across the Southeast region
- Work to engage more youth in clean energy projects including by supporting regional school teams, extracurricular teams, and Youth Energy Summit (YES!) teams in their energy efficiency and renewable energy education efforts
- Explore opportunities to scale-up the use of hybrid energy systems through information sharing and model project deployment
- Expand access to capital for renewable energy projects by cataloging local lending programs, highlight existing resources and developing a decision tool to help businesses and non-profits utilize these resources
- Advance on-farm efficiency and renewable energy opportunities in conjunction with local utilities
Recent Blog Posts
Mon, 09/21/2015 - 2:14pm
If you are traveling down south to Austin, Minnesota (home of the Spam Museum), be sure to check out their new solar-powered electric vehicle charger! Partially funded by a CERTs Seed Grant, the system was installed by Austin Utilities with the help of Riverland Community College students. Kelly...
Mon, 09/21/2015 - 12:44pm
Power Up Winona Community Solar is a group of 20 citizens formed with the commitment of bringing a 1 MW community solar garden (CSG) to Xcel Energy territory in Winona County. They are close to realizing a CSG which will have about 30-40% residential subscriptions and 60-70% local institutions....
Sun, 09/20/2015 - 2:56pm
In 2014 few people knew that the Rochester Energy Commission (REC) existed and had been around since 2010. The REC lacked any branding and outreach, and did not have the resources to address these needs. Thanks in part to a CERTs Seed Grant, that has now changed. With a new tri-fold brochure and...
Southeast Case Studies
High tunnels (also commonly referred to as polytunnels, hoop greenhouses, or hoophouses) are large, generally semi-circle-shaped structures made of...
Director and Instructor of the Center for Renewable Energy Education & Demonstration, Roger Aiken recently took some time to sit down with CERTs...
The road to energy efficiency isn’t always smooth, but that hasn’t stopped the City of Austin, Minnesota from taking measure after measure to promote...
- Sig Anderson, CURE & Minnesota Project Board
- Ed Cohen, Community Member & Energy Expert
- Jared Hendricks, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Marcus Hendrickson, Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency
- Rich Huelskamp, Sun’s Warmth
- Connie Ireland, Department of Employment & Economic Development
- Micah Johnson, Solar Connection
- Erin Meier, SE Experiment in Rural Cooperation
- Chris Meyer, Community Organizer
- Mark Owens, Mark Owens Residential Design
- Ray Schmitz, Olmsted CERT
- Paul Uecker, Farmer
- Roger Wacek, Independent Contractor