Southeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Work toward a vision of communities producing a greater share of the region’s energy through locally-owned projects
- Encourage clean energy entrepreneurship and a do-it-yourself mentality
- Spread energy efficiency news and stories through partnerships with local media
- Work directly with counties, cities, and utilities to encourage energy efficiency
- We work primarily on energy efficiency and conservation, outreach and education, and advocating for distributed generation projects in our region.
- Current regional projects we’re supporting include the initiation of a community solar framework, small business and non-profit outreach, and energy education for youth.
- We encourage the use of case studies in business development to inspire others to create their own projects and tell their own stories.
Recent Blog Posts
Southeast Case Studies
Southeast Community Projects
These projects emerged from the 2013 CERTs Conference and are open to community involvement. Click on a project to learn more or see all projects statewide.
- Sig Anderson, CURE & Minnesota Project Board
- Ed Cohen, Community Member & Energy Expert
- Lori Frisk-Thompson, Private Consultant
- Jared Hendricks, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Rich Huelskamp, Sun’s Warmth
- Connie Ireland, Department of Employment & Economic Development
- Micah Johnson, Solar Connection
- Erin Meier, SE Experiment in Rural Cooperation
- Chris Meyer, Community Organizer
- LuAnn Nelson, Southern MN Municipal Power Agency
- Mark Owens, Mark Owens Residential Design
- Ray Schmitz, Olmsted CERT
- Merlene Stiles, KSMQ Public TV in Austin
- Paul Uecker, Farmer
- Roger Wacek, Independent Contractor