Southeast CERT empowers communities and their members to adopt energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy technologies and practices. Join us!
- Work toward a vision of communities producing a greater share of the region’s energy through locally-owned projects
- Encourage clean energy entrepreneurship and a do-it-yourself mentality
- Spread energy efficiency news and stories through partnerships with local media
- Work directly with counties, cities, and utilities to encourage energy efficiency
- We work primarily on energy efficiency and conservation, outreach and education, and advocating for distributed generation projects in our region.
- Current regional projects we’re supporting include the initiation of a community solar framework, small business and non-profit outreach, and energy education for youth.
- We encourage the use of case studies in business development to inspire others to create their own projects and tell their own stories.
- Sig Anderson, CURE & Minnesota Project Board
- Ed Cohen, Community Member & Energy Expert
- Lori Frisk-Thompson, Private Consultant
- Jared Hendricks, Owatonna Public Utilities
- Rich Huelskamp, Sun’s Warmth
- Connie Ireland, Department of Employment & Economic Development
- Micah Johnson, Solar Connection
- Erin Meier, SE Experiment in Rural Cooperation
- LuAnn Nelson, Southern MN Municipal Power Agency
- Mark Owens, Mark Owens Residential Design
- Ray Schmitz, Olmsted CERT
- Merlene Stiles, KSMQ Public TV in Austin
- Paul Uecker, Farmer
- Roger Wacek, Independent Contractor