In 2021 the legislature allocated $16 million for a new grant program that allocated funds to schools for solar arrays. The first round of the grant program is currently underway with the second round launch planned for July 1, 2022.
The Department of Commerce will conduct a webinar on the second round of the Solar for Schools grant program (outside Xcel Energy territory). The session will have three primary objectives:
- Update stakeholders on the results and impact of the first RFP Funding Round.
- Gather feedback related to the grant program and RFP process for college and university applicants.
- Assist colleges and universities in preparing for RFP Funding Round 2 opening July 1.
Following this webinar, a public comment period will remain open until May 16. To be considered, comments must be submitted to [email protected].
The Department will take input from the webinar and public comments, making necessary program adjustments that enhance program efficacy and comply with statute language. Staff will post the final program documents prior to the second RFP funding round launch on July 1, 2022.
- April 26, 1–2 p.m.: Solar for Schools Webinar
- May 16: Written comments due to [email protected]
- June 27: program final documents posted
- July 1–July 31: Solar for Schools: Colleges and Universities Readiness Assessment Open
Learn more about the program: mn.gov/solar4schools