We partnered with AmeriCorps’ Climate Impact Corps for a second year to offer exciting opportunities for individuals to serve throughout Minnesota as Sustainability Project Coordinators.
Applications will be accepted until each role is filled, with opportunities beginning in July, August, October 2023, and January 2024.
Sustainability Project Coordinators will support sustainability projects, encourage local environmental action, and provide education to help households decrease energy costs. With great training and support, coordinators will be prepared to collaborate with community members and groups as they work together to adapt to a changing climate.
Regional positions hosted by CERTs and partners:
- Central - CERTs (pending)
- Metro - Great Plains Institute (pending)
- Northeast - University of Minnesota Extension, Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships
- Northwest - University of Minnesota Extension, Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (pending)
- Southeast- University of Minnesota Extension, Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (pending)
- Southwest - Southwest Regional Development Commission
- Southwest/West Central - University of Minnesota Extension, Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (pending)
The 2023-24 program year positions are 25 or 40 hours a week with start dates in July, August, October, and January.
As part of the Community Resilience Initiative of Climate Impact Corps, AmeriCorps will provide:
40 hours/week perks:
25 hours/week perks:
*The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award can be used to pay tuition or repay qualified student loans. Individuals 55+ may gift their award to their child, grandchild, foster child or step-child.
Deadline to apply: Applications will be reviewed as they come in, and positions will be filled accordingly. In other words, visit the regional links above, for the region you're interested in working and apply now!
Want to Learn More?
Watch this 3-minute video and get a glimpse of what it’s like to be a member!