EV Fast Facts
- Electric vehicles (EVs) come in many shapes and sizes, including SUVs and pick-up trucks.
- Most EVs on the market today can easily go over 100 miles a day, some twice that or more.
- EVs save you money and time over the life of the vehicle.
- EVs are not just a trend, they are here to stay.
- EV charging infrastructure is in place and growing rapidly, especially on major corridors.
- EVs can and do function in cold climates.
- EVs provide greenhouse gas reductions.
- 80% or more of charging happens overnight at home.
- EV batteries are long-lasting.
Want to purchase an electric vehicle but not sure where to start? There are many types of vehicles to choose from depending on your needs and driving habits.
- What are my driving patterns?
- Where will I charge?
- What vehicles are available?
Ready, Set, Go! Resources for moving forward
Trying to figure out which path to take when it comes to electric vehicles? A few handy tools will get you going.
- Vehicle Cost Calculator from the US DOE Alternative Fuels Data Center
- EVolution: Education on E-Drive Vehicles from Argonne National Laboratory
- Electric Vehicle Advisor from Xcel Energy
- Find tax credits available in our Guide to the Inflation Reduction Act
- More funding opportunities coming soon from the Minnesota Electric Vehicle Rebate program