Clean Energy Job Board
Community Outreach Specialist
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners, and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, the salary range for this position could range from $20 - $23/hr.
The Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for helping meet the recruitment goals for the Home Energy Squad (HES), delivered by the Center for Energy and Environment (CEE). The Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for increasing awareness of and participation in HES and CEE’s other residential programs by building relationships and conducting community-based marketing. The position will work with the residential customer engagement team, communications and marketing department, residential field staff and HES program
This is a full time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, paid parental leave, life and long term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
- Experience doing community outreach or similar job; especially working with local governments, neighborhood organizations, non-profits, businesses and/or similar groups.
- Enthusiasm for energy-efficiency issues
- Experience with volunteer coordination and social media campaigns a plus
- Excellent public speaking and written and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing experience desirable; behavioral change and social media marketing specifically.
- Creative writing and copywriting experience desirable
- Knowledge and experience with residential energy issues and programs a plus
- Open to assisting with energy efficiency product installations and demonstrations
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to 40-hour work week to accommodate evening and weekend events.
- Must be outcome-oriented in work habits.
- An orientation toward teamwork
- Driver’s license required
- Work professionally with co-workers, clients, and vendors, perform duties accurately, honestly, and timely, attend training/meetings, read companywide emails, and adhere to attendance expectations as directed by the supervisor. This position also requires an understanding of and compliance to corporate policies and procedures including but not limit to conflict of interest, confidentiality, and the information security program. Advanced computer skills and high comfort level with modern office technology. Annual continuing education requirement of 20 hours of training in topics applicable to your job duties.
Apply online by visiting us at https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us!