Clean Energy Job Board
Center for Energy and Environment is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul’s Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota’s quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
- $20 per hour
The Energy Auditor is responsible for providing in-home residential energy analysis in support of CEE’s Residential Programs. The Energy Auditor is part of a two-person team and is primarily responsible for the technical aspects of the Home Energy Squad (HES) home visit, including conducting building diagnostics, identifying major retrofit opportunities, and providing a quote for insulation/air sealing treatments. This is an administrative level position that reports to HES supervisor.
- Work as a team to conduct home visits according to established protocols;
- Manage time to complete visits according to schedule;
- Assume the role of Lead or Installer for HES Install visits;
- Conduct product installations for HES and multifamily visits;
- Perform blower door and combustion safety tests, inspect insulation levels in walls and attics, including infrared camera assessment, and preparing an accurate quote for insulation/air sealing treatments;
- Communicate with the Energy Counselor throughout visits regarding recommended upgrades;
- Review insulation/air sealing quote and reinforcing upgrades recommendations with homeowners;
- Accurately record and enter data into the tracking database;
- Accurately manage product inventory;
- Drive a Home Energy Squad van;
- Occasional overnight trips to greater Minnesota;
- Conduct research and complete assigned tasks/responsibilities during office time;
- Assist with program marketing and outreach efforts;
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, and attend all required trainings;
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated experience in building science, residential energy efficiency and residential building construction;
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst certification preferred, but will train the right candidate;
- Experience with infrared camera assessment and estimating/installing insulation preferred.
- Strong customer relations skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Basic computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds as well as carry, push, pull, kneel and squat;
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions;
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.