Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Efficiency Outreach Specialist
Who is Michaels Energy?
Monday - Friday business hours, flexible work hours
What is the role?
Michaels Energy is seeking an account management and product coordination professional with experience working with utility programs, specifically retro-commissioning. The Energy Efficiency Outreach Specialist will interact with HVAC control contractors, facility managers, and business owners to support programs in Minnesota. This position is the main point of contact for utility customers and will successfully convert leads to energy efficiency projects that result in energy savings. We are looking for someone with utility program knowledge, strong project management, prospecting, and communication skills and a passion for energy efficiency who will thrive in a team environment and will exemplify our core values.
- Customer Outreach
- Identify and engage target market for utility efficiency programs
- Recruit customers to enroll in energy efficiency programs
- Maintain a pipeline of customers
- Build relationships with control contractors and help them succeed with utility programs
- Lead presentations to educate customers on the program
- Act as the customer’s point of contact for all energy projects
- Create and execute a sales plan
- Assists with project planning
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to identify energy efficiency opportunities
- Product Coordination
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with utility representatives, end-users, and other stakeholders
- Manage project progress to a deadline
- Promptly address client concerns to assure problem resolution and promote long-term productive relationships.
- Work with the Product Manager to develop and maintain individual strategies for reaching program targets and other business-related objectives
- Collaborates with engineers, office personnel, facility managers, trade professionals, and utility staff to achieve customer goals
- Maintain program data in a database
- Track customer information in CRM software
- Provide status reports to the Product Manager and program delivery team
- Document customer meetings and activities
After 3 months, you will have….
- Learned Michaels’ internal processes and business practices
- Developed and started executing an outreach plan
- A thorough understanding of retro-commissioning programs in the territory
After 6 months, you have….
- Built a strong funnel of contacts and projects
- Launched projects with several customers
- Identified continuous improvement opportunities for the program
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of two years of experience combining any of the following:
- Utility Energy Efficiency Program coordination or delivery
- Account Management
- Technical Sales
- Business to Business to Sales
- Familiarity with retro-commissioning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and execute a sales plan/strategy
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to travel regionally in the state of Minnesota up to 50% for customer meetings
- Experience with building mechanical systems (HVAC, lighting, hot water)
- Knowledge of retro-commissioning
- Experience with sales and marketing
- Interest in energy efficiency and building systems
Where can you work?
Work from home, in the office, or a hybrid in Minnesota.
Apply directly on the Michaels' website - https://michaelsenergy.bamboohr.com/careers/81