The MPCA plans to place up to 48 full-time GreenCorps members with host site organizations. Eligible organizations include public entities (local, regional, state, tribal), school districts, not-for-profit institutions of higher education, and 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Members serve 40 hours a week from September 2021 through August 2022 on projects in one of the four focus areas: air pollutant reduction, community readiness and outreach, green infrastructure improvements, or waste reduction, recycling, and organics management.
Members serving in Air Pollutant Reduction may focus on activities such as:
- Assisting with the collection, benchmarking, and reporting of data on energy use for public buildings.
- Retrofitting public buildings to improve energy efficiency.
- Coordinating and implementing safe routes to school, biking and walking, and complete streets events.
- Implementing transportation projects that reduce vehicle miles traveled by substituting walking, biking, and public transit methods to reduce emissions and improve public health.
- Promoting the use of hybrid and electric vehicles through education and outreach and/or assisting with developing infrastructure for electric vehicles, including charging stations.
- Coordinating with Minnesota GreenStep Cities to implement air pollutant reduction-related best practices.
- Conducting community education campaigns that target practices and behaviors that alleviate air pollution.
Ready to build organizational capacity, advance environmental projects in your community, and help train the next generation of environmental professionals? Applications are due by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, March 16, 2021.