Clean Energy Job Board
Outreach and Engagement Team Manager
Cooperative Energy Futures (CEF) is a member-owned cooperative business focused on advancing energy democracy through community-controlled renewable energy and energy efficiency. CEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and sees unique and diverse perspectives as essential to be able to achieve our mission and live our values. Cooperative Energy Futures develops and operates community solar gardens, currently with 8 projects across Minnesota offsetting the electricity needs of 700 member households at an immediate net savings to our members. CEF has a particular focus on economic and racial justice, working to ensure that all projects are developed using an economic model that is deeply accessible to members regardless of income or credit and including options available at no upfront cost and net monthly savings, as well as prioritizing workforce equity in the solar industry. CEF uses member participation in these projects to build community wealth and activate members from many different communities around a vision for our energy future that is rooted in community-controlled clean energy.
$60,000-$75,000 annual salary based on experience
Generally work hours with some flexibility. Some evening or weekend hours will occasionally be required and partial remote work is possible.
This position is responsible for designing, managing, and implementing member engagement and outreach, solar subscription sales, and ongoing member support and communications. This position will work with and guide an outreach team whose role integrates communications, community outreach, engagement, sales, and customer support roles working in and with a wide range of member communities. The outreach team will primarily engage members in community solar subscriptions and rooftop solar for low-income households, but also on other clean energy opportunities that may arise. This person will be responsible for both team management and outreach strategy development as well as direct outreach and subscriber engagement.
- 2 years experience in community outreach, organizing, or sales to individuals.
- 2 years experience with managing other staff, including helping team members set work-plans and achieve goals.
- Experience with meeting facilitation and developing action plans as a group.
- Personable, outgoing, and able to easily reach and build relationships with new people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Able to retain complex and detailed information about subscriptions and solar projects and guide staff in communicating clearly and simply.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated individual who can take direction and be trusted to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A team player with strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and juggle time-sensitive tasks on deadline.
- Commitment to clean energy, working with community-based organizations, and empowering culturally diverse communities.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Access to reliable form of transportation.
- Experience with collaborating with other organizations around shared goals.
- Experience with customer relations, customer communications, and addressing customer concerns and issues.
- Existing relationships with community-based organizations in one or more target communities.
- Familiarity with community solar or other clean energy outreach.
- Experience volunteering or working on environmental or social justice issues.
Submit a Resume and a Written Statement explaining why you are interested in this position to [email protected]. Please include the Position you are applying for in the Subject Line. We will send additional follow up questions and interview scheduling to candidates we wish to interview. This position will remain open until filled.