Senior Account Executive - Energy Performance Contracting
McKinstry is innovating the waste and climate harm out of the built environment and creating lasting impact. Together, we’re building a thriving planet.
Buildings are a leading contributor to the climate crisis, generating nearly 40% of total global energy-related carbon emissions. We’re making a lasting impact on our industry and within our communities by addressing the climate, affordability and equity crises through:
- renewables and energy services
- engineering and design
- construction and facility services
To get where we’re going, we need big thinkers, problem solvers and collaborative mindsets. Does that sound like you?
Total Base Pay Range: 106,650.00 - 133,650.00
We are currently seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our team in the Midwest. At McKinstry, it is our mission is to make every building we touch more efficient. Energy efficiency in any built environment is critical - not just to the bottom line of the owner, but to the well-being of the planet. We are unsurpassed and nationally recognized as a premier provider of energy-efficient technologies, creating high-performance buildings and innovating solutions that get the most for every energy dollar. No matter what the energy challenges, we put all our energies into meeting it. Additionally, some responsibilities you will have include:
- Maintains thorough records and completes accurate contract initiation.
- Builds and owns market strategies.
- Includes SWOT analysis, competitive analysis and vertical market and horizontal offering strategies.
- Manages larger contracts.
- Maintains sales forecast models.
- Reports identified potential business risk elements and participates in mitigation efforts.
- Creates and delivers processes, standards, and communication channels to increase efficiency.
- Builds and maintains relationships with industry leaders, associations and organizations in regional or vertical markets.
- Acts as the client’s single point of accountability for specific aspects of a project.
- Provides support to the customer with regards to projects financing and contracting issues.
- Guide clients through energy efficiency project financing and contracting processes.
- Utilizes McKinstry’s tools and processes to support our customer relationship strategies.
What You Need to Succeed at McKinstry
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of an Account Executive II.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, construction management or equivalent business experience required.
- Knowledge of building infrastructure systems, facility management, and critical facilities such as data centers required.
- Working knowledge of the enabling legislation as it pertains to contracting methods such as Performance Contracting, etc preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience of financial/performance contracting experience including previous leadership, sales, and marketing with an energy services or related organization, with responsibilities for identifying leads, closing sales, and providing oversight to a project implementation team required.