Clean Energy Job Board
Senior Energy Efficiency Specialist
The Minnesota Chamber is a statewide organization representing more than 6,300 businesses of all types and sizes – and more than half a million employees – throughout Minnesota. The Chamber works tirelessly for its members; providing one-on-one business services, opportunities to grow their networks and knowledge base, and cultivating an economic environment where businesses stay and grow in our state. A business climate that allows for innovation and forward-thinking leadership will help grow the strength of Minnesota’s economy for generations to come.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation a 501(c)3 and an affiliate of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses in waste reduction, resource conservation, and energy efficiency. Waste Wise and Energy Smart provide the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
Annual salary of $58,000.
This is a full-time position with benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. 40 hours per week are expected.
The Energy Smart Senior Energy Efficiency Specialist is responsible for helping Energy Smart meet goals outlined in conservation improvement program (CIP) triennial filings. This position is also responsible for: scheduling and conducting on-site energy consultations, maintaining program database, coordinating existing relationships and fostering new relationships, training new staff, assisting other staff as needed, supporting program development, and conducting new business outreach and research.
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking
- Identify and research outreach targets for program development
- Conduct outreach communication with business groups and associations to generate leads
- Schedule energy consultations through phone calls, emails, and on-site door knocking
- Conduct energy consultations to identify and encourage implementation of energy efficiency opportunities
- Know and effectively communicate details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to motivate businesses to complete energy projects
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and update database with results
- Work on new projects related to growth through strategic planning
- Assist in managing, training, and providing technical guidance to new staff
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Program Coordinator and Program Manager
- 2 years Energy Smart experience or 4 years combined experience in customer-facing energy efficiency consulting, energy planning, sales, or business development
- Energy related professional certification such as Certified Energy Manager/Auditor (CEM/CEA), LEED Green Associate, or similar
- Technical or bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related field
- Comprehensive understanding of energy efficiency opportunities and equipment technology
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, energy utility representatives and others
- Strong written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, and organization skills
- Computer proficiency including Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Katie Klein ([email protected]).