Clean Energy Job Board
The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community (SMSC) is a federally recognized sovereign Native American tribe located in Scott County, Minnesota, and is the largest employer in the county. We are dedicated to serving our members, supporting other tribes and organizations across the country, creating strong partnerships, and protecting the earth's resources. Visit smscnativegreen.org to learn more about how the SMSC is working to ensure a healthy community, environment, and economy for generations to come.
$46,000 - $68,993
Mon-Fri, day shift
Job Overview: Collaborate with government operations, enterprise businesses, and Community Members of the SMSC to identify and develop community-wide sustainability programs. Monitor those programs’ progress and success in part through updates to and analysis of SMSC’s Community-Wide Greenhouse Gas Inventory. Work to develop carbon-free/renewable energy resources and assess energy conservation measures at SMSC’s enterprise and government facilities. Work with interns and consultants to fulfill SMSC’s sustainability objectives; submit requests for and manage applicable grants and interns. Also see: https://www.smscnativegreen.org/
- Manage the Community's NativeGreen Initiatives budget and relevant grants.
- Outreach and Collaboration: work across SMSC departments, with Community Members, and with other organizations and communities to develop and pursue common goals for sustainability.
- Provide direct support to enterprise businesses and government operations' department-level sustainability objectives.
- Oversee and coordinate tasks performed by interns and consultants.
- Maintain and analyze sustainability metrics, including the SMSC's Greenhouse Gas Inventory.
- Grants Administration: Pursue new grant opportunities and support awarded grants' recordkeeping and reporting.
- Environmental Sciences, or related field preferred.
- 3 years' experience in sustainability and/or energy efficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills. Exhibits objectivity, openness to other's views, and gives and welcomes feedback. Experience in public speaking/marketing/outreach is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity working in or with tribal communities is a plus.
- Certified Energy Manager designation is a plus.
- Experience with B3, Energy Star, Zero Energy Buildings, LEED, energy efficiency retrofits and/or sustainable new construction design is a plus.
- Experience with sustainable purchasing policies and/or business practices is a plus.
- Experience calculating Greenhouse Gas emissions is a plus.
- Transportation planning and/or community planning experience is a plus.
- Grant writing and reporting experience is a plus.
Visit the full Job Description here and click “Apply now”.